“How to be an antiracist” – Training Course
This training is part of the SALTO ID “Embracing diversity” series! To address the topic of (cultural) diversity SALTO ID, in cooperation with several National Agencies, is planning till 2028 to focus on topics like anti-racism, interfaith dialog… and work on each for period of 2 years. Each thematic cycle includes: seminar, webinars, study visit(s), partnership building activity and training course.
Aim of the “Embracing diversity” series:
To develop youth workers ‘diversity management’ skills in order to create better opportunities for young people faced with or at risk of discrimination and racism.
Objectives of the training:
- To gain better understanding of what is racism, its roots, mechanisms and effects
- To reflect on our own biases, structural issues and organisational practices
- To strengthen anti-racist and anti-discriminatory behaviours and practices among youth professionals
- To exchange strategies, methods and resources for combating racism and discrimination.
- To apply these tools and strategies to Erasmus+: Youth in Action & European Solidarity Corps projects.
Max 25 professionals working directly with young people on a regular basis. This includes youth workers, youth leaders, teachers, coaches, social and health workers, employment officers…
- Participants who work with young racialised people and/or migrant backgrounds will be given priority.
- Interested in developing their diversity management skills and anti-racist behaviours and practices
- Be motivated and have possibility to develop international project(s) addressing (anti)racism
- Able to work in (international) English.
- From E+: YiA Programme countries & partner countriesWe encourage the application of participants of all/any religious, ethnic, racialised backgrounds, of all genders and abilities. We will do our best to cover your individual and support needs.
Click the following link to access the application: SALTO-YOUTH – European Training Calendar – “How to be an antiracist” – Training Course