The European Union Programmes Agency (EUPA) invites interested candidates to submit their interest to provide freelance work as accounts officer on a temporary basis for up to 440 hours.
The selected candidate will be expected to work between 15 to 20 hours weekly. Remuneration is set at €10.55 per hour excluding VAT.
The accounts officer will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Perform monthly reconciliations;
- Conduct financial calculations and analysis of beneficiary projects at interim and final report stage to determine eligible expenditure;
- Maintain proper filing of financial records;
- Check invoices and prepare payments to suppliers and beneficiaries through internet banking in a timely manner;
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts;
- Update financial data and payments on Sage accounting system and ad-hoc electronic system of the European Commission;
- Assist the procurement officer in preparing issuance of calls for quotations and in procurement administrative work.
The ideal candidate must have as minimum, a recognised academic qualification at MQF Level 4 in any one of the following subjects: accounts, mathematics, economics, business studies, commerce or any other business-related subject.
The duration of the service is required for a period of four (4) months, up to four (4) hours daily from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Interested candidates are to submit a motivation letter and CV in Europass format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org