This 5 day training course provides youth workers with the necessary tools to support the active participation and non-formal learning of young people during the implementation of Erasmus+ youth projects.
Have you been contemplating about or struggling with the following issues in your everyday youth work practice?
• It’s too big – Erasmus+ youth projects seem complicated and demand a lot of effort from young people,
• In reality it doesn’t work – it’s difficult to keep up the motivation and active participation of young people during the project life cycle,
• I don’t know how – there are not enough good methods or tools to involve young people better into project implementation.
These are the issues that inspired us to undertake this Training Course. In Erasmus+ youth projects it’s often difficult to ensure the active participation of young people throughout the project lifetime. In addition, the facilitation of learning process during the project can be a great challenge. In many cases these two issues are combined and derive from the lack of suitable methods and tools which could be used to support young people in carrying out their own project. During this training course we concentrate on coaching* methodology as an effective way to increase the quality of youth projects and work towards the active participation of young people.
• to explore the role of youth workers in supporting the active participation of young people in youth projects (Youth Exchanges, Transnational Youth Initiatives, Structured Dialogue meetings);
• to support the quality of the learning process in E+ youth projects;
• to provide youth workers with coaching methods and tools;
• to favour partnership building activities between participants.
• looking at the different ways of active participation in youth projects linked with the personal development of youngsters,
• practising the facilitation of the learning process and getting to know the Youthpass,
• introducing coaching as a way to support active participation and learning,
• developing personal skills, knowledge and attitudes for successful coaching of young people,
• applying different practical methods and tools for coaching E+ youth projects,
• getting to know the basics of E+ youth projects (Youth Exchanges, Transnational Youth Initiatives, Structured Dialogue meetings),
• sharing contacts for future partnerships in E+ programme.
Click here for more information about this training course and how to apply for it
This call is open for Maltese nationals/residents who are members of or work with a Maltese NGO/entity/organisation/group.