The SOHO training course is designed for those who are directly involved in the support system around the EVS volunteer (e.g. mentors and task-related support persons) on the hosting, sending and coordinating side. The support people play a crucial role in providing conditions for a quality voluntary service and creating opportunities for volunteer’s learning in EVS.
The overall aim of the SOHO training course is:
• To increase the quality of EVS activities through development of competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) of key actors involved in the support system around the volunteer in the EVS projects developed within the frame of the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme.
The specific objectives of the SOHO course are:
• To get a better understanding of the concept of EVS as “learning service” and related quality aspects in EVS
• To improve the ability for co-operation and working in international partnership
• To reflect on the roles, responsibilities and challenges within the EVS volunteer support system
• To raise awareness of the learning dimension in EVS and provide tools for learning support
• To support the recognition of non-formal learning in EVS through the competent implementation of Youthpass
• To provide up-to-date information about the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme.
In addition to this, SOHO training is an excellent opportunity for EVS support persons to exchange their experiences, share good practices and for informal partnership building. All previous SOHO participants are most welcome to join the SOHO community at https://www.facebook.com/soho.trainers thus continuing networking after the course.
For more information about this course, click here.
This call is open for Maltese nationals/residents who are members of or work with a Maltese NGO/entity/organisation/group.