This TC aims to introduce the practice of sports as a tool to address social issues, promote intercultural learning, social development and inclusions. Also intends share of good practices and promote Erasmus + as a tool to development through sports.
Sport is a new feature of the Erasmus+ programme, how can we use sport to enhance youngster’s participation and promote social inclusion but also to tackle intercultural learning. Indeed, sport allows more easily an intercultural context. When it comes to sport it is easier to interact with others, promoting social inclusion, as everyone goes with the same goal or objectives at the same time, sport can also create a climate of racism.
How come that sport can create this 2 antinomic behavior?
From this position, came the idea of using sport to tackle intercultural competences and learnings, but also fighting discrimination and promoting social inclusion.
Through this 2 angles, the seminar will be aiming at:
– Encouraging the use of sport as a tool to reach interculturality and promote social inclusion
– Using sport to develop intercultural competences of Youth workers but also youngsters
– Using sport to develop competences in the Social Inclusion area
– Using sport to develop intercultural and inclusion learnings either for youth workers or youngsters.
This seminar will be the occasion to gather youth workers on:
• Erasmus + possibilities of projects
• Sport as a tool of cohesion and social inclusion
• Tackling the issue of competences developed and required to settle intercultural and social inclusion projects using Sport
• Tackling the issue of racism and discrimination
Click here for more information about this training course and how to apply for it
This call is open for Maltese nationals/residents who are members of or work with a Maltese NGO/entity/organisation/group.