This seminar will bring together 35 stakeholders from different sectors to discuss NEET (not in education, employment or training) issues and how to create better opportunities for this vulnerable group on their pathway to reintegration in society and the labour market.
Vulnerable young people in NEET situations (not in education, employment or training), Status Zero, the excluded, alienated, disenfranchised…
SALTO Inclusion would like to start a longer-term strategic approach to reach these disenfranchised young people who are excluded from the system and see how we can reconnect them to society and improve their opportunities in life.
Come and discuss NEET issues with professionals from different sectors and how to create better opportunities for this vulnerable group on their pathway to reintegration in society and the labour market.
1) Gain a better understanding of NEET: terminology, concepts, causes, differences in Europe, research conclusions, challenges
2) Learn about interventions: learn from each other, visit local projects, get inspired, share ideas, present your work, holistic approaches
3) Resources to work on NEET issues: funding programmes (Erasmus+, European Social Fund,…), methodologies, tools,…
Anyone with experience working on the issue of vulnerable young people in NEET situations (either face-to-face workers as well as managers/decision makers). These can be:
• Youth workers
• Teachers, school support staff, alternative education staff, vocational programme staff,…
• Social workers, representatives of social services
• Researchers, academics with focus on NEET
• Local authorities/policy makers responsible for social provision
• Employers, apprenticeships programmes, employment agencies, job centres, job clubs, job coaches…
Click here for more information about this seminar and how to apply for it