“Give Power to Empower” is a motivational training course designed to empower youth workers in the specific reality of project based–youth work, from different countries.
Why “Give Power To Empower”?
Youth work has become more and more important for personal and social development of young people. The interest for this concept is rising, there are more opportunities and the number of those who are experiencing non-formal education methods is growing. Even though there are many reasons to be satisfied, youth work is a big challenge and responsibility for all the actors that are involved in the phenomenon. Socio-economical factors have a great influence on the quality of youth work, but still, the youth worker is the main force responsible for the results and the learning of young people. But this is not an easy job. Before empowering others a youth worker has to be empowered and competent. This is the core reason why we have prepared this TC.
The TC is addressing four specific areas which should concern every youth worker:
– Personal development at individual level.
– Professional development and acquisition of specific competences for youth work field.
– Global development: youth worker’s roles and long term vision.
– Sustainable development: long term interventions, partnerships development.
Aim and objectives
The main aim of this training course is to empower youth workers in the specific reality of project based–youth work, so they will become multipliers of youth empowerment.
More specific objectives:
– To empower youth workers on project based reality.
– To understand and facilitate the empowerment process of others.
– To explore principles of non-formal education and experiential learning in order to make them more efficient and applicable in youth work.
– To explore new educational theories, tools and instruments which can lead to youth empowerment.
– To understand how nature and outdoor spaces can be used for youth empowerment.
– To understand how to create sustainable projects with a long lasting impact.
– To support the creation of empowering and sustainable projects in the frame of next Youth program and other funding opportunities.
Click here for more information about this training course and how to apply for it
This call is open for Maltese nationals/residents who are members of or work with a Maltese NGO/entity/organisation/group.