Sector Skills Alliances
SECTOR SKILLS ALLIANCES
WHAT ARE THE AIMS AND PRIORITIES OF A SECTOR SKILLS ALLIANCE?
Sector Skills Alliances aim at tackling skills gaps, by identifying sector specific labour market needs and demand for new skills with regard to one or more occupational profiles, and/or enhancing the responsiveness of initial and continuing VET systems to sector–specific labour market needs.
Sector Skills Alliances are open to all economic sectors as they are defined by the Eurostat NACE – Statistical classification of economic activities in the European Union.
- This should be achieved through actions aimed at the following objectives:
- Identification of existing and emerging skills needs for professions in specific sectors,
- strengthening the exchange of knowledge and practice between education and training institutions and the labour market;
- modernising VET by adapting provision to skills needs,
- integrating work based learning in VET provision, and exploiting its potential to drive economic development and innovation, increasing the competitiveness of the sectors concerned;
- building mutual trust, facilitating cross-border certification and therefore easing professional mobility in a sector, and increasing recognition of qualifications at European level within a sector.
For more information regarding this action, refer to the Erasmus+ Programme Guide which can be accessed from here.