Commission proposes new Platform to improve prevention and deterrence
- Undeclared work: Commission proposes new Platform to improve prevention and deterrence
- The European Commission has proposed today the creation of a European Platform to improve cooperation at EU level in order to prevent and deter more effectively undeclared work, a phenomenon that causes serious damage to working conditions, fair competition and public budgets.
- The new Platform would bring together all enforcement bodies involved in tackling undeclared work, such as labour and social security inspectorates and tax and migration authorities, as well as other stakeholders, such as EU-level representatives of employers and employees.
- The proposal envisages that all Member States should be members of the Platform.
- The proposal for a Decision establishing a European Platform will now be sent to the European Parliament and the Council for adoption.
Read more: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?langId=en&catId=89&newsId=2055&furtherNews=yes