Call for Trainer - Seminar on Short-Term EVS
A 2-day seminar focusing on identifying challenges organisations are currently facing in relation to short-term EVS. The seminar will create a space for sharing of knowledge and ideas and to explore ways to generate further awareness on short-term EVS and to create strategies on methods and tools to achieve this. The seminar is aimed at youth workers and stakeholders working directly in short-term EVS or who work with young people who are potential participants in EVS.
Main Topics of Seminar:
- Identify the benefits of EVS with particular focus of short-term projects;
- Identify common trends organisations are facing – in relation to short-term EVS;
- Explore modes of increasing participation in short-term EVS;
- Create a timeline of initiatives which will improve participation;
- Explore promotional tools which can be utilised to increase awareness.
- Youth workers, Youth leaders;
- EVS mentors/tutors;
- Stakeholders accredited as sending/hosting EVS.
The Trainer will be responsible for the programme flow, methodology and final report.
The Maltese National Agency will take care of the organisational part of the training (concept, promotion of the training, co-operation among NAs, recruitment of participants, logistics).
Profile of trainer:
The Ideal Trainer is expected to:
- Have a thorough and extensive knowledge on EVS and the Erasmus+ Programme;
- Have the competence to include a European Dimension in the seminar to develop the necessary knowhow on the values and purposes of the Erasmus+ Programme;
- Be able to support the participants to understand, discuss and analyse strengths and weaknesses of EVS with focus on short-term EVS projects;
- Use interactive, non-formal skills and methods in delivery of training;
- Assist the NA in drafting the training programme and activities;
- Have experience in training an international team of participants;
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
Preference will be given to the National Pool of Trainers
Duties/Tasks of Trainer:
The duties and tasks of the trainer include the following:
- Attend a preparatory meeting;
- Be present throughout the whole Seminar;
- Design, prepare, deliver and evaluate the training course together with the MT NA members;
- Deliver the training content throughout the whole sessions (20-23 March 2016 20/23 arrival and departure);
- Participate in the pre-training preparations in Malta;
- Produce a final report.
Payment to Trainer:
- The Trainer shall be paid up to €840; being the maximum of 3 paid days, based on remuneration of €280 per day, as follows: 2 days training course; 1 day preparatory activities – comprising individual and team preparation, prep-meeting, on-going and final evaluation directly after the seminar, and final report.
- Time utilised for Prep-meeting and for the drafting of the final report is not paid extra
- Lodging, subsistence and international travel costs shall be borne by EUPA.
- Trainer shall be required to submit 2 Requests for Payment; the first one for the pre-financing amount and the second one for the final payment amount. The latter is to be submitted together with the Final Report. The approval will be subject to the favourable assessment of the Final Report.
Application procedure & deadline:
Interested Trainers are required to submit their Europass CV accompanied by a covering letter outlining their motivation together as well as delineating their knowledge and experience in Erasmus+ with special focus on EVS. Submissions are to be sent at: email@example.com by Wednesday 27th January 2016.
For more information on the call, please contact Therese Borg Micallef at: firstname.lastname@example.org or on landline 00356 25586118.