Call for Trainer to conduct the Training “From Outreached to Detached Youth Work” under the TCP, Youth in Action (YiA) Programme
The EUPA is receiving applications from independent individuals with a view to conduct the training course for youth workers “From Outreached to Detached Youth Work” under the TCP Youth in Action (YiA) Programme.
Aim: Socially disaffected young people are of increasing concern particularly in light of the impact of the present financial and economic crisis in Europe. These young people are not participating in society or the economy and have effectively “opted out”. Consequently, there is a need to “reach out” to such young people and encourage and support them in participating and becoming involved.
This seminar will examine and consider how outreach and detached youth work can “reach out” and “go out” to these young people. The aim of the seminar is to raise awareness among youth workers of the particular challenges of working with disaffected young people, the different approaches that need to be adopted, and the skills and competencies required.
In particular the seminar will focus on:
• nature, purpose and aims of outreach and detached youth work
• different approaches and methods employed in outreach and detached youth work
• competencies and skills needed in supporting disaffected young people.
The Trainer shall:
• Have proven expertise in the youth policy field particularly as regards quality standards development and implementation
• Have at least 3 years experience in developing and delivering relevant training and evaluation programmes on quality standards
• Be able to share hands-on first hand experiences related to the topic and be able to facilitate the process so that participants adapt ideas to the Maltese context.
• Be fluent in the English Language;
• Be available throughout all the training.
Working language: English
Organizer: EUPA – Youth in Action Programme
Target Group: Youthworkers
Dates of training:
– Tuesday 18 February 2014 – (9:00am – Noon)
– Wednesday 19 February 2014 – (9:00am – Noon)
– Thursday 20 February 2014 – (9:00am – Noon)
Remuneration: €500 (lump sum including the trainer’s fee, preparation, follow up & reporting)
Travel and Accommodation costs will be covered by the Maltese National Agency
A facilitator during the training will be provided by the Maltese National Agency.
Trainers interested in leading the Training Course shall submit:
Deadline for Submitting Applications: 7th January 2014
Please send your application to email@example.com