The EUPA is receiving applications from independent individuals with a view to conduct the training course for youth workers “From Outreached to Detached Youth Work” under the TCP Youth in Action (YiA) Programme. Aim: Socially disaffected young people are of increasing concern particularly in light of the impact of the present financial and economic crisis in Europe. These young people are not participating in society or the economy and have effectively “opted out”. Consequently, there is a need to “reach out” to such young people and encourage and support them in participating and becoming involved. This seminar will examine and consider how outreach and detached youth work can “reach out” and “go out” to these young people. The aim of the seminar is to raise awareness among youth workers of the particular challenges of working with disaffected young people, the different approaches that need to be adopted, and the skills and competencies required.
In particular the seminar will focus on:
The Trainer shall:
• Have proven expertise in the youth policy field particularly as regards quality standards development and implementation
• Have at least 3 years experience in developing and delivering relevant training and evaluation programmes on quality standards
• Be able to share hands-on first hand experiences related to the topic and be able to facilitate the process so that participants adapt ideas to the Maltese context
• Be fluent in the English Language
• Be available throughout all the training.
Working language: English
Organizer: EUPA – Youth in Action Programme
Target Group: Youthworkers
Dates of training:
– Monday 12 May 2014- (9:00am – Noon) (Follow up of training held between the 12-14 Feb 2014)
-Tuesday 13 May 2014 – (9:00am – Noon)
– Wednesday 14 May 2014 – (9:00am – Noon)
– Thursday 15 May 2014 – (9:00am – Noon)
Remuneration: €500 (lump sum including the trainer’s fee, preparation, follow up & reporting)
Travel and Accommodation costs will be covered by the Maltese National Agency.
A facilitator during the training will be provided by the Maltese National Agency.
What to submit: Trainers interested in leading the Training Course shall submit a motivation letter, Europass CV and a draft plan of the training course programme for the sessions and dates as listed above.
Further information may be sought by contacting Mr Christopher Gatt on: Tel: 25586130, Email: email@example.com