The 2nd international training course Cherry on the cake will focus on social inclusion in order to discover potential and understand the ways of using Youth Exchange as an opportunitiy for long term inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities.
In this TC participants will:
• explore the place of Youth Exchange in the long term work with young people and its potential for inclusion of youth with fewer opportunities.
• understand the inclusion process of the Youth Exchange: involvement of youth in all phases, empowerment of everyone involved and tailoring the Youth Exchange to the different needs expressed.
• understand the roles of Youth Leader in all the phases of Youth Exchange.
• develop the competencies to recognize and support the learning processes of everyone involved throughout the Youth Exchange project.
• develop the competencies in ensuring the safe and supportive environment.
• identify the challenges the international setting of a youth exchange brings and to reflect on how to approach them.
• explore the partnership as the basis and added value of Youth Exchange.
• feel the importance of partnership as the basis for inclusive environment.
We are looking for participants who:
• have implemented and/or led the group in the youth exchange,
• are interested in including youth with fewer opportunities in their activities,
• are passionate about work with young people,
• are at least 18 years old,
• and come from programme countries or western balkan countries.
The programme will start on the 17th of June 2015 at 9 am and end on the 22nd of June 2015 in the late afternoon. (Therefore, please note that the arrival and departure days are 16th and 23rd of June!) Below you can find a detailed programme of the TC.
Click here for more information about this training course and how to apply for it.
This call is open for Maltese nationals/residents who are members of or work with a Maltese NGO/entity/organisation/group.