•Youth unemployment in the EU28 regions in 2013
- Youth unemployment in the EU28 regions in 2013
- In 2013, the average unemployment rate for young people aged between 15 and 24 in the EU28 was 23.4%.
- Regional differences in the unemployment rate for young people are however very marked: the lowest rates for young people were recorded in the German regions of Oberbayern and Tübingen (both 4.4%)
- and Freiburg (4.7%), and the highest in Ceuta (72.7%) in Spain and Dytiki Makedonia (70.6%) and Ipeiros (67.0%) in Greece. In more than three quarters of the EU28 regions, the unemployment rate for young people was
- at least twice that for total unemployment.
- These data on regional unemployment, compiled on the basis of the EU Labour Force Survey, are published by Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union.
Read more: http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=STAT/14/60&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en