•"Europe for Citizens" funding programme 2014-2020 adopted
- “Europe for Citizens” funding programme 2014-2020 adopted
- On 14th April 2014, the Council of the European Union has unanimously adopted the ‘Europe for Citizens’ programme for the period 2014-2020.
- The EU programme offers funding support in two thematic areas:
- · “European Remembrance”: focusing on Europe as a peace project and supporting initiatives which reflect on the causes of the totalitarian regimes that blighted Europe’s modern history.
- · “Democratic engagement and civic participation”: strengthening the general public’s understanding of how EU policies are shaped today and also fostering the close involvement of civil society in European policy-making.
- The establishment of the programme committee, the adoption of its rules of procedure and of the annual work programme for 2014 and the publication of the programme guide are planned for the beginning of May.
The first deadline for submission of applications for town twinning projects, networks of twinned towns and remembrance projects is provisionally set for 4th June 2014; the second deadline for submission of applications for town twinning projects, networks of twinned towns and civil society projects is provisionally set for 1st September 2014.
Read more: http://tinyurl.com/n4egvdn